Hackathon for Innovation Lactalis Puleva – UGR
Developing solutions as accurately as possible for real challenges within certain constraints and a limited time frame has been the traditional goal of “hackathons.” While “hackathons” originated in connection with technological challenges (mostly in the field of programming), the Lactalis Puleva – University of Granada Chair for Intrapreneurship and Innovation has developed this innovative program that incorporates some traditional “hackathon” characteristics and adapts them to address practical and collaborative responses to challenges that require organizational and management solutions and proposals.
Companies worldwide have been emphasizing in recent years the importance of having individuals with skills related to innovation, creativity, teamwork, planning, and efficient resource and time management in their organizations. However, university students have very limited opportunities to develop these capabilities through their academic path. The Lactalis Puleva – UGR Innovation Hackathon aims to become a reference forum for university students to train in essential professional skills while also having a significant opportunity to interact with experts and executives, learning by proposing innovative and realistic solutions while working collaboratively with others.
Therefore, the Lactalis Puleva – UGR Innovation Hackathon program is designed to provide practical and experiential training to individuals who are pursuing university studies and are interested in gaining realistic management experience in the business world to boost their professional careers. You can apply for this program while studying any undergraduate or postgraduate degree if you are enthusiastic about the possibility of participating in an innovative learning project with direct contact with a professional challenge. Participants who complete this intensive program will enhance their professional profiles by developing some of the most important skills for promotion and future careers in the 21st century..
The first edition of the program will follow the following schedule:
- Application submission and participant selection: September-October 2023
- Sending informative dossier to participants and training for the “hackathon”: November 1-8, 2023
- Development of the “hackathon” with selected participants and direct interaction with key Lactalis Puleva executives: November 10, 2023 (Location: Faculty of Economics and Business, provisional in-person schedule: 16:30-19:30h).
- Announcement of teams, projects, and individuals selected for the Hackathon final: November 17, 2023. The information will be published in the news section of the Talent Incubator’s website and will also be sent by email to those interested.
- Presentation gala of finalist proposals to executives and experts: November 24, 2023 (Location: Lactalis Puleva Headquarters. Activity: in-person. Schedule: to be determined).
- Announcement of awards for participating individuals at the gala: November 24, 2023, at the end of the gala, followed by a social media announcement.
** Note: Dates are indicative and will be fully defined at the start of the program, subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.
Faculty of Economics and Business – Lactalis Puleva Chair – University of Granada for Intrapreneurship and Innovation – and the Lactalis Puleva company headquarters in Granada.
The program’s primary goal is to provide participants with an opportunity to boost their professional careers by training in essential skills for 21st-century organizations. Acquiring these skills can facilitate access to interesting jobs and companies.
100% of participants in the Hackathon will receive a personalized diploma from the University of Granada’s Talent Incubator, including information about the skills they have developed. In addition, a small commemorative promotional gift will be provided to all participants, and they will have the opportunity to apply for paid internships with the multinational Lactalis Puleva.
Additionally, individuals whose projects are selected for presentation at the grand final gala of the Hackathon will receive a special certificate from the University of Granada’s Talent Incubator specifying their selection as an excellent work, an additional promotional gift, a prize based on the evaluation of their presentation, and an invitation to participate in a networking event with experts and executives from a leading multinational company in their field and other selected students.
Regardless of the undergraduate or postgraduate degree you are pursuing, this program is open to you. See the “Registration” section below for information on how to apply to this program through the TalentiaPoint platform. We have limited spaces, but please note that both the application and program development are completely free thanks to the sponsorship of the Lactalis Puleva – University of Granada Chair.
Lactalis Puleva is a leading company in the manufacture and sale of dairy products with its headquarters in Granada. Lactalis Puleva is part of the multinational company Lactalis, headquartered in France and present on all five continents, making it one of the world’s largest food companies. The program will allow participants to have opportunities to discuss their proposals and seek advice on their personal interests with many of the company’s executives who manage key areas of the company’s operations.
The University of Granada’s Talent Incubator is the first platform for promoting talent in a European public university. The Incubator has already gained significant success in organizing programs with leading companies in their respective fields. Participants in the programs have rated them with an average score of 4.9 out of 5 in the past year.
The program is COMPLETELY FREE for all selected individuals. If you search online, you will see that the price to individually enroll in a similar program would be around 1,500 euros per person. In this case, the total enrollment fees are sponsored for selected individuals by Lactalis Puleva in collaboration with the University of Granada through the Lactalis Puleva – University of Granada Chair.
Application for Program Registration
The program is of interest to anyone studying a degree that includes a component of project management and development (e.g., economics and business, engineering, law, personnel management, psychology, architecture and construction, etc.).
Participation in the program is entirely free, and you only need to follow two steps:
- Step 1: UNTIL OCTOBER 21, 2023. Complete this registration form (using your go.ugr email account).
- Step 2: UNTIL NOVEMBER 5, 2023. Register on the TalentiaPoint platform of the University of Granada’s Talent Incubator and include the code “LACTALIShackathon” in the code field. If you are already registered on TalentiaPoint, you can update your profile and include the reference within the same deadlines. If you are selected, we will contact you via email to confirm.
We have limited spaces, but we will try to accommodate as many students as possible.